In the 1964 on the Mechanical Engineering Faculty was established the "Department of Automation and Control". This department was established by the Nestor of cybernetics in Kosice – prof. Jindřich Spal. He led the department first eight years.
The mission of the department was presentation of new trends in automation, mainly in mechanical engineering, the control technology, and introduction of computers, which first appeared in those years. Important milestone in the history of our department was establishment of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering on Technical University of Kosice in 1969. The department became one of its founding departments under the new name "Department of Automation and Control". It provided education in the Technical Cybernetics study program. In the 1972, first 20 graduates finished at our department. Four years later, in 1973 our department again changed its name, this time into "Department of Technical Cybernetics" with new head of the department – prof. Milan Jelšina. One year later, the department was re-organized into two large branches: "Cybernetics Systems" and "Electronic Systems". The expansion of the department was fast, so in the 1975 it was reorganized into three branches "Electronic Systems", "Electronic Computers", and "Control and Automation Systems". This organization survived five years until 1980, when it was redefined into three branches "Control Technology", "Automation Control Systems" and "Robotics". Fast technology development in the world, the following of new perspective trends and their introduction into education and scientific and research processes, give birth to two new departments. The Department of Technical Cybernetics was divided into "Department of Computers and Informatics" and "Department of Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence".
The basic research activities of our department are concentrated on data science, machine learning, cloud computing, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, human-machine interaction, fault tolerant control design, modern control theory, distributed control systems, industrial and intelligent robotics, etc.
- Data science research team (lead by prof. Ján Paralič – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fault-tolerant and Robust Control (lead by prof. Dušan Krokavec – email@example.com)
- Intelligent Cybernetics Systems (lead by prof. Iveta Zolotová – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Intelligent Technologies and Systems (lead by prof. Peter Sinčák – email@example.com)
- Modern Control Techniques and Industrial Informatics (lead by doc. Ján Jadlovský and doc. Anna Jadlovská – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
Our department provides education in the following study programs in all three degrees (bachelor, master, doctoral):
- Business Informatics (guaranteed by prof. Ján Paralič – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Intelligent Systems (guaranteed by prof. Peter Sinčák – email@example.com)
Instructions for the applicants are available here